Happy December 1st! December is a great month for food - it's not so great for our figures but hey, that's what January is for right?
To celebrate this merry month we've put together this stunning video of our Christmas tree brownies. We warn you - it will leave you hungry and craving brownie.
• Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas Mark 5. Grease a 20x30cm brownie tin.
• Place the butter in a saucepan and place over a low heat until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugars until well mixed.
• Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl, pour the butter and sugar mix onto the eggs. Stir until well combined and smooth.
• Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture. Beat hard until smooth. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
• Break the chocolate into chunks (as big or as small as you want - we like them chunky). Add to the mixture. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 25 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Take out of the tin and transfer onto a board. Cut into triangles.
• Cut a small piece out of the base of the triangle and place half a chocolate finger in the hole. Decorate to look like a christmas tree and enjoy.
• 200g butter
• 175g caster sugar
• 175g soft light brown sugar
• 4 large eggs
• 100g plain flour
• 50g cocoa powder
• 125g white chocolate
• 125g dark chocolate
• Chocolate fingers and writing icing to decorate.